This pizza recipe is so simple that it’s not really a recipe so much as it is an idea: put a delicious combination of toppings on a frozen cheese pizza. Frozen pizza doesn’t have to be sad pizza.
Why you should make custom frozen pizza:
- It is way easier and faster than making pizza from scratch.
- It’s less expensive and more convenient than buying from a pizzeria or even Papa John’s.
- You can use up leftover fresh produce and herbs.
- If you find a brand you like, add fresh ingredients then cook it properly, it tastes pretty darn good.
The key is to cook it thoroughly; I would suggest cooking pizza directly on the oven rack so that the crust gets crispy. I also like broil it for the final few minutes so that the toppings are slightly scorched and have a nice texture.
Spicy Hawaiian Pizza
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
- your favorite frozen cheese pizza
- 1 sliced jalapeño
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- hot sauce
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 3oz diced ham
|1.||Preheat according to directions on pizza box.|
|2.||Sprinkle a few shakes of hot sauce over pizza. Distribute remaining ingredients over pizza, cheese last (on top).|
|3.||Cook pizza according to box directions. When time is up, turn off the oven and turn on the broiler, move pizza to top rack and broil for 3-5 minutes.|